Junior Club 8-13 Championship
The Buckmore Junior Club offers competitive sprint racing for junior kart drivers.
* Each race meeting comprises of a short practice session for every driver which is followed by three points scoring heats for each driver to determine grid positions for the finals.
* All drivers will compete in a final.
* Superb trophies will be awarded to the top three finishers in the A final.
* Races will be run in age categories (8-13 & 13-15)
In 2016, to accommodate ever taller children we changed the age range and height restrictions to allow the larger children a chance to drive our more powerful 390cc RT8 karts. See below for details…
Children aged 8-13 years race in our Sodikart 160cc Junior karts while those aged between 13 and 15 who have reached a minimum of 5’ in height will race on the adult RT8 karts which are more suited to their size and weight.
Note: Drivers MUST have reached a minimum height of 5’ before they can move up, even if they have reached 13 years.
This is a summer championship of seven rounds of which the best five scores will count towards the championship result. One off entries are always welcome.
* The top drivers in the series will be awarded superb end of season trophies.
No licence of any kind is required and all equipment is provided including kart and race-wear.
* 8:00 Arrival, sign on and suit up
* 8:30 Safety briefing (parents very welcome)
* 9:00 - 13:00 Practice, 3 heats for each driver and a final for each driver.
* 13:15 Presentation of awards
The Sodi World Series Junior Cup Competition 2018
Our kart suppliers (Sodikart) supply karts all over the world and also run a World Championship series (SWS) to find the World Champion hire kart driver in both adult and junior categories. The Junior Club rounds are also qualifying rounds for the SWS Junior Cup.
Previous SWS winners;
Piers Prior) 2010 Champion
Luke Battersby 2011 Runner up
Andrew Graham 2012 Champion(older catergory)
Ben Graham 2012 Champion (younger category)
Matt Luff 2015 & 2016 Champion
Lewis Appiagyei 2017 Finalist
It could be you next year!
Potential drivers must have successfully completed a minimum of one lesson at the Buckmore Kart School and a minimum of three Rookie Race meetings or similar and approved grades achieved elsewhere.